Educators are faced with the challenge of preparing students for a changing 21st century world.
We welcome you to our community of educational leaders who are transforming learning. Each professional development event brings together educators to share their interests and experiences while advancing their practice and that of their colleagues. We look forward to learning with you.
- Sept 16: Getting Started: Setting up for Outdoor Learning and a Sustainability Focus in your Junior-Intermediate Classroom (Part 1) (gr. 5-9)
- Sept 21: People/Planet/Society - the Sustainable Development Goals in Elementary Science (gr. K-6)
- Sept 22: Supporting Educators to Teach Climate Change – How to actively ‘Empower Learners in a Warming World’ (gr. 7-12)
- Sept 23: Rethinking STEAM: Sustainable Approaches to 21st Century Learning Experiences (gr. K-12)
- Sept 23: Covid-19 and Classrooms: Learning from the World's Largest Science Lesson (gr. K-12)
- Sept 27: Getting Started: Learning Goes Outdoors (Part 1) (gr. K-6)
- Oct 4: Introduction to Sustainability Education and the SDGs (gr. K-6)
- Oct. 7: Getting Started: Setting up for Outdoor Learning and a Sustainability Focus in your Junior-Intermediate Classroom (Part 2) (gr. 5-9)
- Oct14: Outdoor Learning, Sustainability, and the Virtual Classroom (gr. K-12) *Rescheduled from Sept. 14th
- Oct 19: Taking Learning Outside: What do Principals, VPs and School Eco-leaders Need to Know and Do?
- Oct 21: Sustainability, Math and Outdoor Learning- Problem-solving for People and the Planet (gr. 5-9)
- Oct 28: Getting Started: Learning Goes Outdoors-Part #2 (gr. K-6)
Webinars for Nova Scotia Educators:
- Sept 22: Webinar for Nova Scotia Educators: Outdoor Learning: Getting Started (NS g.r P-8)
- Oct 13: Taking Learning Outside: What do Principals, VPs and School Eco-leaders Need to Know and Do? (NS admins)
- Oct 27: Making Authentic Inquiry Work Outdoors (NS gr. P-8)
- Nov 3: Learning Outside in Cold Weather: Tips and Tricks (NS gr P-8)
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing protocol across Canada, we are now offering virtual professional development opportunities.
For further information on these and other PD events OR if you would like an institute tailored to your jurisdiction, please contact Elaine at elaine@LSF-LST.ca.
Nos services de perfectionnement professionnel sont également disponibles en français. Pour plus de renseignements sur ces activités de perfectionnement professionnel et d’autres encore, veuillez communiquer avec Elaine à elaine@LSF-LST.ca.
Our Professional Development Events Get Great Reviews
I feel like I have a deeper understanding of the inquiry process because I was directly experiencing it in the institute.
This was the best use of my time in a long while - shared with all my peers and worthy of going to many times over as the people attending help make the difference. WELL DONE!
It's great to connect with like minded educators & to know even though we all have similar challenges we can support each other to find creative solutions & offer advice when needed.
It was the best learning experience for Inquiry-based leaning. I am now clear and more comfortable implementing inquiry while incorporating nature.