Professional Development Workshops
“I learned how project-based activities could be so much more beneficial to students.” -Teacher
The goals of these transformative learning workshops are to identify opportunities in the curriculum to explore issues of sustainable development, identify relevant classroom resources to assist teachers in the exploration of these issues, and provide the necessary professional development to alert teachers to the curriculum possibilities and the available education resources.
- LSF provides teachers with information and tools specific to their grade and subject area.
- Workshop designs are prepared by teachers, for teachers, and workshop presentations are facilitated by teachers with in-class experience and teacher-training experience.
- Material is curriculum aligned and customized for individual provincial curricula.
- LSF offers on-going support to teachers to help implement the ideas generated from the workshops.
- Workshops offer an opportunity to ask questions and to request the development of specific materials.
- Workshops include a free take-home resource guide complete with student-ready (really ready!) handouts, resource lists, and concise background information about the issues to inform you without overloading you.
- Workshops are available for teachers of all grade levels and most subjects.
- Engaging Students in Successful Action Projects (ESSAP) Workshops and Facilitation Guide
- Project FLOW Workshops
- EcoLeague Teacher Workshops and Youth Forums
- Protecting our Sacred Water: Supporting First Nations, Métis and Inuit Youth to make Positive Changes in their Communities
- Connecting with Nature: An educational guide for grades four to six
- Using Inquiry Learning to Build Community: A Summer Institute for Educators - July 23-25, 2013
Learning and a Sustainable Future and Natural Curiosity are partnering to facilitate this 3-day PD experience focusing on inquiry as a means of creating communities of engaged leaders. Register for this workshop today!
OCT Open Space seminar on Responsible Citizenship - August 28, 2013
Join OCT and LSF as we explore what it means to support learners as engaged responsible citizens for the 21st Century. Stay tuned for Registration Info!
Using Inquiry-Based and Experiential Learning: Linking Education to Action - August 28, 2013
LSF and the Manitoba Department of Education invite all teachers from the Grade 12 Global Issues course to participate in this workshop. Register via Email by June 20th!
LSF can create custom workshops for educators. See our brochure for more details.