Sustainability and Education Academy (SEdA)
The Sustainability and Education Academy SEdA is a collaborative program between the Faculty of Education at York University, the UNESCO Chair on “Reorienting Teacher Education to Address Sustainability” and Learning for a Sustainable Future.
The Education Leaders’ Seminar is the flagship offering of SEdA, and will motivate and equip senior education officials to lead the integration of sustainability as a core value in all aspects of formal education including policy, curriculum, teaching, learning, professional development, and the sustainable management of human, physical and financial resources. The seminar is a 2 ½ day intensive, residential, informative and motivational event for up to 50 senior education leaders.The primary target groups includes senior officials from Ministries of Education, School Boards and Faculties of Education across Canada.
- Insight into the emerging trends, drivers, and opportunities for ESD
- Vision of ESD and its contribution to education in the 21st century
- Models, Tools & Strategies for assessing and creating programs for ESD based on practical approaches currently underway in Canada and internationally
- Change Management Techniques for transforming school, board, and ministry culture toward sustainability
- What is Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)?
- Innovations and Case Studies in Education for Sustainable Development
- Best Practices Workshops
- Team Level Coaching on Action plans for change
- Whole System Implementation Strategies for ESD
For additional information please visit contact LSF.
Key Strategies that Transform Learning
From Environmental Education to Citizenship and Sustainability